SC - Egils news and a question

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Tue May 30 21:57:01 PDT 2000

Having just returned to Oertha from having attended Egil's Tourney, I feel I
should throw in my two cents.

>'Lainie said a bunch of stuff concerning Vesta<

Vesta is neat people. I didn't really spend any time with her but I did see her
around a lot since she was doing her darnedest to participate in the Ithrotir (9
competitions for which you need to participate in at least 6 to compete with the
other folks). Vesta is a Roman in a land full of Norse people and does pretty
well considering she's about the only one doing it. I don't count the
Varangians. They're a whole entity in and of themselves.

>'Lainie then does the happy dance about her daughter<

Rotrude seems to be a very classy young lady. She not only made her own garb,
she made the shoes too. She's a bit shy in a crowd, with a sly wit, but a large
helping of talent. She deserves all the recognition.

Now for my food related bits:

I did many things at Egil's Tourney, but cooking and/or eating historic food was
not one of them. Oh well. I did, however, see some amazing iron worked fire
boxes (kind of like a kitchen fire in an iron box with assorted spits and hooks
and what not on them). I heard of one so large it takes two large men to get it
in and out of a truck and has been used for Crown events in An Tir. THAT would
have been worth seeing. Makes me want one really, really bad, too.

Now if there were more than three or four camping events a year in Oertha...

I also got to meet Seamas and 'Lainie but not spend enough time visiting with
them. Sorry, guys. For some reason, being Princess kept me rather busy. I had
such a great time visiting An Tir that I'll just have to come back more often.
When I do, I'll give you the heads up.

By the way, I got to see photos of Queen Carmen. Someday, my dear, you MUST scan
those things and put them up on a web page. They are too priceless not to share
with others.

Inclining my way towards bed,

Cedrin
Princess Oertha