SC - transporting ingredients

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 1 07:04:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/29/00 4:48:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cjvt at hotmail.com
writes:

<<  How did people in period store and/or transport
 powders like amydoun, powdour douce, and so on? >>

Unfortunately, I can't find the file I saved with this info but, IIRC (and I
think I do), powders were kept in leather pouches (larger amounts) and/or in
folded parchment (purchased at the apothecary). Small caskets (e.g., hinged
wooden or metal boxes) were also used (for travel).

I have not seen any pictures suggesting glass was an option for powders but
this reflects my lack of research in the area rather than knowledge.

Ras