SC - Strawberry Quest

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon May 1 08:17:53 PDT 2000

We have used a similar sort of thing.  I found what must be a redaction of the pie
recipe in a book I acquired many years ago called "In Service to our Middles",
published, I believe, by the Midrealm Cooks Guild.  We were serving a feast here
in our barony and wanted to have a red and white theme for our dessert (our
baronial colors).  We served the custard version of Darioles, with the filling for
the strawberry tart cooked without the crust and served as a garnish for the
Darioles.  It went over so very well that we've done the same thing on several
subsequent occasions.

Kiri