SC - UGreek pizza, was urgent query

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Thu May 4 09:30:26 PDT 2000

White pizza is wonderful.  We get some for parties on the last night at
Pennsic, for those who can't eat the tomato sauce.

I recently tried using feta cheese on a dish, and it did not melt
satisfactorily, like most pizza cheese.  If you want the feta flavor, try
mixing some crumbled feta into grated mild white cheese, such as
mozzarella.

Don't forget the slices of black olives for your 'Greek pizza', and a
little anchovy--need not put the whole, furry fish on, just crush it into
paste and add some olive oil, spread very lightly on the crust.

Research Dalby's _The Classical Cookbook_.  Also, his _Siren Feasts_ for
other Greek goodies.  Sounds like a terrific party!
Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com