SC - Maravian Spice Cookies

Bethany Public Library betpulib at ptdprolog.net
Thu May 4 00:40:19 PDT 2000

Actually, if anyone has a recipe for the before-mentioned Moravian Sugar
Cake, I'd be grateful. My dad loved the stuff as a boy and my grandmother
can't remember how to make it. She thinks it's something like: before the
second rising of sweet bread dough, dimple deeply with fingers all over the
surface, put a knob of butter in each dimple, strew liberally with brown
sugar, and bake.

Dad says' that's not quite it. Anyone?

Thanks

Aoife

Date: Thu,
http://www.inseason.com/community/recipes/moravian.html

I'd post the history and recipe, but I can't seem to copy and past it.  The
recipe uses about 4 pounds of flour, the dough is made one day and baked the
next day. The last line notes "a group of 4 friends can complete the baking
in one day."

Bonne