SC - corn-animal or people food

Deacon C Swepston dekmister at juno.com
Fri May 5 18:36:40 PDT 2000

On Mon, 01 May 2000 17:01:10 -0500 Donna Ford <evfemia at mail.com> writes:
> As a child growing up in Germany, I was told that many Germans believe
corn appropriate for animal consumption but not for human.  At best it
was believed to be a low status item.   Has anyone found any evidence to
this in various European countries,  or  was I mislead?
> --
> evfemia at mail.com
> Barony of Iron Mountain, Meridies

The French still consider corn only marginally acceptable as people food
- - it was considered cattle feed there too.

                                                          Melusine