SC - Quinces (and a query about an eating utensil)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue May 9 10:43:53 PDT 2000

Unto the Gathered Cooks does Gwynydd of Culloden send Greetings:

Well, I am now the proud owner of 16 kg of quinces (@ $1 per kilo!) so I
will start playing around with the quince paste and let you all know how it
goes.

On a completely different subject, does anyone remember an eating utensil
which was mentioned on the List a few weeks ago?  It was a spoon on one end
and a 3 tined fork on the other.  The poster said that she (I think) had
seen it at an event and had been assured by its owner that it was a
documentable Anglo-Saxon design.  If anyone can give me further information
on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Gwynydd