SC - Recipe for good small Pork or chicken pies

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Sat May 6 17:54:17 PDT 2000

Good Fortune the List,

I am in the middle of preparing for a feast & am about to make some small pies
or pasties for the lunches.  I have a tried & true recipe for beef pies that
goes down well, but I am also looking at making pork & chicken pies as well.  I
have egg-based quiche type recipes, but I am looking for something more meatier.

The event has an heraldic theme, so I have had some pottery stamps made up with
different animals (& other stuff) so that I can stamp each of the pies with the
appropriate animal . . .

Anyway, I was just looking for recommendations of period recipes using chicken
or pork in pies (along with mixed fruit, cheese or anything else ;-) that you
might have made & where your feasters have scoffed the lot (my definition of
what constitutes popular & good).

Thanks, in anticipation,
Lorix