SC - Dolmas, Dolmades

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon May 8 18:33:49 PDT 2000

Period ones? That would be _way_ cool.  I make modern ones, using just
finely chopped sauteed onion, pine nuts, rice, salt/pepper, oil, and of
course, the grape leaves.  oh, and a T of currants in the stuffing.
nummy!  They're great for camping, or lunches.  I've got a friend who's
taken small packages of them on cross-country plane trips.  No need to
worry about the filling going "bad" quickly because there's no meat.
- --Maire