SC - Serving question

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue May 9 09:06:56 PDT 2000

Phlip asked:

>At MK Coronation,[...] With the Crown Roast, [....] I hijacked
>the disgustingly handsome young Knight who was to
>present and carve it and explained to him how I had it tied and how
>to carve it with maximum elegance and minimum hassle, [....]
>(What WAS his name, Jasmine? I KNOW I had to be tired, to forget
>the name of any young man that nice, and SO good-looking ;-)

Viscount Rurik Longsword, last Prince of Aethelmarc. Married to
the Honorable Baroness Ygraine the Herbalist, autocrat for the
event. Both Viscount Rurik and Rangvaldr Jarl Jonsson served
the head table at this event. Head table sat 12 people.

We chose to have Royal Peers serving head table at Coronation.
We did so because it seemed more in line with period practice of
nobles serving nobles. Coincidently, Peers also served the rest
of the populace, though I was unaware of the fact until I saw
the sign-up sheet about 3 weeks before the feast.

I should probably post some of the feast happening notes
about now, eh? Bogdan is already giving me hell for not
telling the mushrooms and mint story. :) (I plead work
responsibilities for not having written details sooner.)

jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba

PS: The feast booklet itself will be completed tonight, with
the last of my "post mortem" notes on what we discovered
the day of the feast about the recipes. As soon as I can
arrange it, we'll have it posted on the Middle Kingdom
Cook's Collegium website (in PDF format). I'm also going
to be working with Lord Stefan to arrange something for
the Flori-thingy.

PPS: Francesca, Good Lady, your copy will include these
additional notes, which is why you've not received it yet.