SC - Feast gear

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed May 10 10:03:03 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/10/00 1:19:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Then eat them by taking them up with a pointed
 wooden stick." >>

I thought this was particularly fascinating. Do we have pictures of such a
utensil being used? Were they ornate or simple in design? I never use a fork
at feasts but this sounds like a medieval alternative to the expensive and
rare fork. Would a single Japanese chopstick serve as an alternative? Is
there any references to the possibility that this was used in cultures
outside Italy? Is this stick food specific or was it used for other things
besides flat noodles?

Ras
(who can do a bang-up job of imitating Lord Stefan when he needs info :-))

"Countless numbers of people have eaten my cooking and survived."