SC - A Challenge For The List

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed May 10 12:11:07 PDT 2000

What sorts of things do you have so far?  I am curious to have some divergent pointers where to go for new info and not wanting to retread where you have already gone.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> In a message dated 5/10/00 8:30:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time, melcnewt at netins.net writes:

> Is this for a actual feast or is it to see who can research five dishes from
>  the new world? And are you accepting dishes of the Southwest, Southeast,
>  Norteast , Central and South American Indians.  I am part Seminole I am not
>  offended by Indian. Or are these dishes limited to India, and places of Europe and Asia and North Africa? The Spanish were in the Phillipines at the time.  What are your New World parameters.?>>

Suleyman wrote:
   This is for an actual feast; I intend to put it together and present it at an event held by the Shire of Oldenfeld, Trimaris.  Which event is up in the air, yet.
    As for the parameters:  the dishes have to be period.  They have to be from cultures contacted by any European explorer or trader, no matter how slight the contact.  No two dishes from the same culture.
    Otherwise, there are no restrictions.
    Suleyman