SC - Unhistoric things we serve WAS:Shepherds Pie

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed May 10 16:21:41 PDT 2000

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> In a message dated 5/10/00 5:23:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, grizly at mindspring.com writes:
>   Given the range of bizarre foods one finds in various texts,
> some being singular references, it doesn't seem too logically removed to assume the ONE of the Italian texts would have included at least one reference to the fruit as an ingredient if not a dish in itself. >>

<<<<Balthazar of Blackmoor wrote:
I understand your point now.  Until something else comes along,  the books and records which have survived are all we have to go on.>>>>

Now had I said that to begin with, we'd have saved lots of words :o)  There is a little more to my belief system right now, but that sums the bedrock up nicely, thank you.

niccolo