SC - [Fwd: ANST - Vikings invade Washington]

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu May 11 05:43:07 PDT 2000

I have already been to see this exhibit, and it was WONDERFUL!!!  And the
catalogue contains a wealth of information...even though I don't do Viking, it
was one of the best $35 I've spent in a very long time.

Across the mall at the Sackler Gallery is another exhibit that should be a "must
see" for folks interested in the history of music.  It's Music from the time of
Confucius, and is an exhibit of instruments, in excellent condition, from the
tomb of Marquis Yi of Xeng...including the largest set of bronze bells ever
found (65!!!) arranged as they were hung to be played.  The find included what
amounted to a full ceremonial orchestra and a chamber orchestra.

Kiri