SC - Holy Fast-Holy Feast

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Fri May 12 05:12:41 PDT 2000

This is a book that has recieved some good reviews on a number of other
lists I'm on, the SCA-Cooks list in particular.
 I would like to forward some of their discussions here due to the fact
that the book is about how food was percieved in a religious context by
the three principle religions of the Middle Ages.
 This led to a number of other rel-anthro topics that might serve as a
basis for some more discussion. If nothing else at least here they might
be assured of a more hospitable reception than that of a list dedicated
to food prep and cooking rather than philosophical discussions about it
and human society.