SC - blood and blanc mange

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 12 21:19:55 PDT 2000

Cindy, your recipe seems to be a blanc mange, doesn't it?  Except for the
rosewater that is usually added.  Wonder if that had something to do with
the title?  I was working on several projects today, one German, one
Mediterranean, and blanc mange recipes kept jumping out at me.
Neapolitan Collection, as well as Martino, have a bianco mangiare.  If
you use it as a sauce for 2 chickens, you can color one of them yellow.

A German version, from 2 sources, has the same thing, divided into 4
colors.  Blood was used for the dark--with cloves.  It seems as though
they got to using the good ole blanc mange as a 'canvas' to get creative.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com