SC - Chicken and Waffles (was Speculating...)

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat May 13 02:38:47 PDT 2000

<< Is this the legendary southern US favorite "Chicken and Waffles"??  I have
 heard numerous references to that particular dish, but have never, in spite
of all of my research, come across even a  vague description of the recipe.
 Balthazar of Blackmoor  >>

Oh Balthazar!  You live in the wrong area!  "Chicken and Waffle" Suppers are
a MAJOR fundraiser for the local churches here in central PA!   And
Yes....you stew the chicken until it falls off the bones..remove the bones,
skin, gristle, etc and make gravy with the broth.  Add the shredded chicken
meat to the gravy.  Serve over hot, crispy waffles!  My parent's church adds
corn, homemade pickled cabbage slaw, mashed potatoes, raw veggies (celery and
carrots) and your choice of a variety of (donated...also homemade) pies and
cakes!  It's all served "family style" (bowls on the table) and last year
they served over 700 people!

Etain