SC - Lard

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun May 14 23:54:58 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/14/00 10:30:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kerric at pobox.alaska.net writes:

>  What I'd like to know is what type of pastry would work best for a free
> standing
>  coffin? Or would a dough be a better idea?

Is this "coffin" supposed to be edible, or merely for a
centerpiece/decoration effect?  If it is meant to be edible, you may want to
consider a cream cheese pastry (substitute half the fat with cream cheese,
and proceed with the recipe as usual).  If it is merely decorative, a good
salt dough is probably the best way to go.  Salt dough has been used for a
long time for all manner of centerpiece and dough sculpture work, and is very
easy to make and mold.  It doesn't taste particularly good, nor is it flaky
(rather like plaster of paris when it is baked), but it will hold its shape
come Heck or High Water...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt