SC - Eggs graven with Vinegar

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue May 16 06:56:47 PDT 2000

That sounds very similar to the Ukranian craft of psanky, wherein a stylus of
sorts is used to mask areas of the egg when it is dyed.  The egg is put through
a number of dye baths to create very complex and beautiful designs.  However,
the design is strictly on the shell of raw eggs...in fact the egg itself is
often blown out.

Kiri