SC - Progressive Dinner--various posts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 19 20:42:46 PDT 2000

Allison commented:
> If transport is available, you could probably count on a few folks from
> Clan Kyle.

Transport might be a problem, as at most of Pennsic. As far as I remember
the hay wagons stop running by then. While one or two automobiles might be
excused. The walk from the road to most camps is probably not too bad,
although it may add up.

> Alys Katherine wrote >> It was rather fun, although it did get a bit too
> dark by the end.<<
>
> That's something to think about.  Maybe we should start at Caer Frig, to
> be down by the lake at sunset, which is really beautiful [if you are
> wearing mosquito repellent] then finish up on the Serengeti after
> dark--more lights, torches, etc.

Or start the first courses around five instead of at seven or eight o'clock.
I think it is always nice to be able to see what I'm eating, anyway.
Especially new foods.

I think doing this for/with a small group might be fun and manageable.
The first message seemed to be for a whole event which I can't see
working since most campsites don't have the room to seat, serve or
cook for a hundred or two hundred people.

While a larger group could be accommodated by serving multiple groups
of people coming by in sequence, this doesn't allow the cooks of each
group to finish up serving and then join the crowd to the next site.

I like the idea of this. I don't think it should be done for the SCA-Cooks
get-together. I would rather have a chance to meet and talk to you in a
non-hurried enviornment rather than in a rush between other camps.

Would it be better to do this the first week rather in the rush and
busy schedules of the second week?

About the lake, last year I camped with Caer Frig (now SPCA). I don't
remember ever having problems with mosquitos.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net