SC - RE:SC- Brizzare Hobby-NOT! OT

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun May 21 18:33:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/21/00 3:30:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Apologies to the List for presumptuous statements...again.

 Balthazar of Blackmoor >>

No apologies necessary as far as I am concerned. Different shire folks have
different experiences. I have heard it time and time again the story that you
posted. It saddens me but I realize that various local groups in the SCA have
varying degrees of success in fulfilling the 'official' function of the SCA
as described in corpora. I am a very lucky person. We have a mailing lis of
over 100 unofficial members and only a handful of them are college students.
The main portion of our local membership are settled folks with real jobs who
are a part of the community. This makes the difference, IMO. Also our shire
is 18 years old which goes a long way in becoming a part of the 'nonprofit'
groups in the area. I was not insinuating that other shires are as lucky as
we are although I was thrilled to see Akim's post. Each group does what they
can. :-)

Ras