SC - Peeres in confyt

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Mon May 22 04:40:05 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

>  As a matter of opinion, a good, sweet white wine, such as a Chardonnay, or any
> good quality white mixed with a little sugar will give you the same effect as
> using a sauterne in the finished dish.

That was my experience.  I've made this dish with sauterne, with a white, and with
perry.  I prefer the white, because I find that putting the pears, the sugars, and
the spice into the sauterne (not to mention boiling it to a syrup) disguises most
of the character of the sauterne.  I suggest trying this recipe with the
mulberries and fresh powdered ginger.   Yum!

What exactly is blanche powdur?  Sugar powdered fine?
- -Magdalena