SC - Re: sca-cooks - Perry's Arabic cookbook, + others

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Mon May 22 20:52:32 PDT 2000

If he is talking about al-Baghadi, does anyone know about the copyright
and the holder's intentions to keep selling, allow copying, web the
thing, etc.?  I have a zerox of Arberry's English translation of _A
Bagdad Cookery Book_, which does not include publishing info.

No, I see from Cariadoc's Vol. II that the two are different.  Alys
Katherine, are you in contact with Perry?  Your Grace?  How can we get
these things into use, people?  At least, it's available in English from
Duke Sir Cariadoc.  For other people's info, does Alban St. Alban still
sell Vol. II at Pennsic, or do they need to order from Cariadoc or his
web site?

Glancing at the Anonymous Andalusian, it seems very Arabic, whereas the
Neapolitan Collection, supposedly derived from Catalan sources, is much
more Italian and European.  Are the two areas of Spain so very different,
or is it the time difference, which is what????  Does anyone who has
studied these areas extensively care to give us a run-down on who held
what at what time and why the influences are different/the same?

Regards,
Allison,    who thinks knowledge of history is essential to proper
historical redaction

 allilyn at juno.com