SC - Squary scad enquiry

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 25 08:25:38 PDT 2000

Christina Nevin wrote:

> Saluti Everyone,
> Just had this enquiry. Can anyone help? MTIA
> Ciao
> Lucretzia

Dunno about a squary scad, but the word scad is related to the word
"shad", which is a large, herring-like, oily fish which lives in the
ocean and spawns in river estuaries. The word "scad", nowadays, refers
to what used to be known as a saurel, or horse mackerel. I;d bet on one
or the other of those two, which doesn't necessarily answer the question...

Adamantius