SC - Long Pig

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue May 30 21:51:13 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/30/00 9:06:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Truth be told, I found this post to be quite humorous.  Inappropriate for
 public forum, to be sure, but well written and "informative".  >>

Actually, long pig has been discussed intelligently and dispassionately
several times on this list. As a cookery subject it is no more inappropriate
than any other personally.

And, before you ask, yes, I have authentic recipes from several cultures in
my collection of unusual recipe.

Will I share them here? To what purpose? We know that certain Crusaders ate
babies but we do not have specific instructions on how they were prepared.
Certainly such information would be interesting to a serious student of
historical cookery but since it does not exist, it is a moot point. The
historical recipes I do have were given to me by an elderly Hawaiian lady and
she did so with the promise that I will not publish them while she remains
alive.

I would be glad to see some pre-1450 CE recipes for long pig but, SFAIK, they
do not exist.

Ras