SC - RE: The top 10 icks list

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue May 2 08:26:48 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/2/2000 12:50:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Boiled peanuts must be a southern thing? At least not rocky-mtn-states.
>  I've only even heard of them peripherally (sp?).  Sound
>  horrible--wouldn't they get all waterlogged and nasty?
>  --Maire

They're boiled a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time with lots of salt in the water, and
ideally, in the shell. I guess the nasty factor is a matter of what you're
used to, they aren't waterlogged as such though. They're softer than raw or
roasted peanuts, but more solid than beans. Still chewy sorta.

My Mother, who was also born and raised here can't stand them, but compares
them to pinto beans. But then again, she likes fried chicken and I can't
stand it. Some people do serve the unhulled version with rice, which is also
good.

Shoot... now I gotta go looking around stores in the country and see if I can
find some ::drool::. The canned ones are just not as good.

Corwyn