SC - Boiled Peanuts

catwho at bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Tue May 2 09:05:33 PDT 2000

> > Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 22:49:23 -0600
> > From: Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com>
> > Subject: Re: SC - RE: The top 10 icks list
> >
> > Boiled peanuts must be a southern thing? At least not rocky-mtn-states.
> > I've only even heard of them peripherally (sp?).  Sound
> > horrible--wouldn't they get all waterlogged and nasty?
> > - --Maire
>
> I dunno. I guess it depends on your perspective. Do boiled potatoes get
> all waterlogged and nasty?

Nope.  Actually they are firmer than most cooked legumes (beans,
lentils, etc.)  Sort of the tenderness that you would want from
kidney beans in chili.  Not mushy, but not crunchy.  They are usually
salted (although a current phase right now is usuing cajun crab boil
on them)  They are quite tasty although I will admit fattening and
sodium rich.

They take forever to cook unless you use a pressure cooker, in which
they don't take quite that long.  You boil them in the shells and
they are better eaten hot than cold and fresh than canned.

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html