SC - Period Butter churn

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Tue May 2 14:29:31 PDT 2000

Was asked:

>On the same lines, does anyone know where I can find a period (or at least
>period-like) butter churn?  All of my web searches have turned up zippo.
>
>Balthazar of Blackmoor
>(who also needs a good dutch oven...mine snapped in half about two months
ago
>during a particularly busy weekend)

Regards both requests for the butter churn alone have you tired Cumberland
General Store?  The have a catalog that you can pickup in any book store
with a good magazine section Books at Million or B & N.  They also have a
web page but I don't have it bookmarked.  They handle a lot of cast iron
cook ware as well.  Regards cast iron cook ware alone try www.cabelas.com in
my Master Catalog Spring 2000 Edition II  page 191 shows flat bottomed Lodge
Dutch Ovens 5, 7 and 10 quarts, tripod legged 4, 6 and 8 quart versions and
9, 10.5 12, 15.25 and 20 inch skittles  plus covers four the three smaller
sizes.  The have a house brand as well and a dutch oven, griddle, and
skillet set.  Page 193 has a large 14" by 28" griddle and a smaller one as
well.  They also stock cooking tripods as well.

Daniel Raoul