SC - News of 'Lainie

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Tue May 2 21:17:49 PDT 2000

Greetings all!

I have just returned from helping 'Lainie (partially) move up to Three
Mountains/Portland, OR, for her new job (started May 1. Let the
Revolution begin!)

Unfortunately, she's having difficulty _replying/sending_ email. She can
receive it, she just can't send anything out. We're not sure yet if it's
her mail server, or the network that links her to the internet. So,
she's read everything you've written in the last few days, but she can't
tell you about her day.

We loaded up my truck with a few things (like Arundel the wayward
computer, a table and chair, notebooks, lot's of nifty and smashing
cloths, and a box of Twinings Irish Breakfast tea (OOP food content!)
and drove to Hotel Drachenwald (Wanda's) and unloaded.

A few things:

She has her _own_ office. Corner office. Corner window office. Okay, so
she has to share it occasionally as the conference room or lunch room,
but otherwise, it's all _hers_. She even gets a key to the front door
(Tuesday, she was the first one to arrive).

Her first day was Monday (and she looked d**n sharp and cute). She's
been reading up on her job duties and the wetland's issues that her
workplace will be having to deal with. They are also organizing a sort
of open house for the member businesses on Friday, where they all show
up like for a mini trade show, to get to know who there is and what they
do. She's been busy calling all the members to see what they need for
space and whatever for their displays. Several members have been
thrilled to find out this much needed position of hers has been filled.

Hopefully(!), she'll have a working car before the weekend. It's not
_quite_ ready yet.

Hopefully(!), she'll get her email service sorted out soon, so she can
write and reply to the list.

Me? I spent the two days running around town, dropping off resumes as
places suitable for me.

Seumas