SC - Truck Crops

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 3 11:05:53 PDT 2000

> Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 12:54:55 EDT
> From: CBlackwill at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Bounced message from Olaf
>
> In a message dated 5/3/00 8:06:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:
>
> > Grandaddy Reb went from share cropper to owning 500 ar. on raising
> >  peanuts,
> >  cotton, corn & truck crops.
>
> Really?  What kind of trucks did he grow?  Diesel?

I can tell, diesel come to no good...

I have it on high authority that Lord Olaf's granddaddy supplemented his
overall crop with a small proportion of trucks. The trouble was, he
wouldn't have much truck with people.

Anyway (whistling softly)...

Just in case there's anybody who doesn't know what Lord Olaf means by
"truck crops" (and I'm pretty certain Lord Balthazar doesn't fall into
this catregory!), this is the produce of a truck farm, no? Which is, in
turn, a variety of small crops grown for personal use and supplementary
income, some of which is trucked either to a roadside stand or other
market, or even sold out of the back of the truck.

Adamantius, Famous Authority on All Matters Agricultural...
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com