An Test was Re: SC - Truck Crops

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu May 4 17:19:43 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/4/00 11:58:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sudnserv5 at netway.com writes:

<< Thanks for the answers I wasn't sure about some
 of them myself but your answers agreed with what I remembered,  >>

These corrections to B's post should be noted:

> Kale --- I want to say Portugal (England)
 > Bell Peppers -- Capsicum poivrons -(Central America)
 > Green Beans -- France, I believe,(Central America)
 > Pole Beans -- I'm not sure (Central America-bush beans are a relatively
modern phenomenon)
 > Field Peas -- France? (If you mean black eyed peas-Africa)
 >  Potatoes  --- South America (Peru specifically Inca)
 >  Sweet Potato --- (West Indies)
 >  Squash --- (All squash are new world)
Cantaloupe --- I assume Asia as well...(Persia)
 >  Egg Plant  --- India, cultivated in Italy by the late 15th (cultivated in
the middle east before the 1100s)
 >  Zucchini  --  I will guess Italy, (new world)
 >  Corn  -- North America (assuming you are thinking of sweet corn, (sweet
corn is a modern criterion but corn in general was introduced to Europe from
Mexico)

These are close if not exactly accurate.

Ras