SC - Re: Virus alert -OT-OOP

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu May 4 17:20:43 PDT 2000

    And don't forget to cover any disks you put in your machine with a latex
sheath, too! (you'd be surprised how many people will invest in good
antivirus software, and then stick a 3 1/2" floppy they got from some goober
in their machine!) (or a CD they burned with 'some really neat tunes')
    And be aware that there are now worms that will execute from .html
code - like when you go to a website, and all those nifty, animated graphics
come up? That's all executable code. The only thing that keeps these from
going wild is the profit motive.
    Let's face it, if your site becomes known as a Virus Village, you're
going to go broke fast. Personal web pages are real easy to track back to,
but the blind spam links, OTOH, are going to be increasingly dangerous as
time passes. Clicking a return URL will be as dangerous as opening e-mail
attachments you don't know from.
    I keep telling people, y'all need to get a handle on what's out there,
because the NEXT virus is going to be worse than this one. And the one after
THAT is going to be worse, the next one will be even worse, and the cycle
will go on and on and on . . .

    Sieggy