SC - A Soup for the Qan

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Sat May 6 23:06:09 PDT 2000

Well, the axe of the dimwitted publisher has fallen.  Back in March, when
Dr. Buell notified the MEDIEV-L list that the book was about to be published
I contacted Amazon to check the price.  At that time it was listed as a
hefty $127.50!  I gritted my teeth and ordered anyway.  Today I got a notice
from Amazon that the publisher in it's infinitely tiny wisdom, has jacked
the price up to $225.00!  (I think it was Devra who was trying to get copies
for Pennsic who may have first discovered this).

$127.50 was enough to make me cringe but order; $225 is more than my
Scottish genes will allow.

I know Dr. Buell is furious.  Maybe a howl of protest will convince this
stupid academic house that selling to a few University Libraries is not as
remunerative as selling to double that number of individuals (and more
libraries to boot!).  This is probably why they are going under.

Regina/Wanda