SC - oop-greek dessert recipe-amygdalopita

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon May 8 03:51:32 PDT 2000

Fiore di sicilia is an extract blend of citrus and vanilla that is
indescribably, just that it is the smell you get walking past an
oldfashioned southern italian/sicilian pastry shop in little italys in
cities, and is used in a lot of italian pastrys and breads[like
pannetone]

I did order it from kingarthurflour.com, IIRC it was just under
$5american. I can highly recommend it.

While talking to a greek cook that I deal with occasionally, as a flavor
extract for some of the more obscure old greek recipes for desserts[like
one that is like baklava but a farina custard instead of the date/nut
mix] is ground mahlab[sour cherry pits] simmered in water for a few
minutes. I have amhlab and cant wait to try it.
margali

about flowers of sicily and king arthur flour