SC - Estimating Crowds

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 20:17:26 PDT 2000

>RButler96 at aol.com or "Khadijah" asked:
>
> >     I wanted to gather some information here.
> >
> >     For those of you who have previously done feasts, how many do you
> > typically prepare for?  Specifically, I refer to being given a budget,
>for
> > certain number of people.  Do you stay at that number (100 for a
>starting
> > point), or do you prepare for 110 just in case?
> >
> >     I would like to know how others handle this.  I was dealing with a
> > situation last weekend where feast was supposed to be for 75 (local
>event),
> > and at a last minute request was for 85.  If this common?

    Yes it seems so,on even a smaller scale then yours it has happened
     I have been asked to do  "luncheon" feasts at local events here
     and given budget for 20-25 people,well as you and others have
     experinced more then expected numbers and no increase in budget
     happened,happily all worked out out well and no problems arose
     as all where happy and all i took home where utensils and
      containers.oh and a feeling of satisfaction as "my guests"
      where content.And i look toward the day when i can try my hand
      at a feast of your size and then move up from there.

         Yours in Learning,
          Aethelwulf