SC - Unhistoric things we serve WAS:Shepherds Pie

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed May 10 14:12:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/10/00 4:42:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JVButlerJr at aol.com writes:

>    In my own depreciation, I must admit to also being an inclusionist.  I
>  tend to act with a philosophy of "That which is not expressly forbidden is
>  permitted", since my own love of cooking and food drives me to learn as
much

>  as I can without thought to things like geographical boundaries.  I don't
>  think I could ever concentrate on just one culture or area's food.
>
>      Which means I am more forgiving about things like "documentation" when
> it
>  comes to cooking food at a feast.  No, I don't want people to make taco's,
>  but I'm not going to flinch if someone uses potatoes in their meal.

 I think others on this list can tell you, from (bad) experience, that I am
not a stickler for "documentation" either... I have been making a more
concerted effort to obtain it, and to use it, though, for the sake of my own
education and harmony on the list.  However, I do not concentrate on a single
region or time, either (nor do most on the list, from what I gather).
Currently, however, I am looking for Norman recipes from the time of the
first Crusades, but that is just for a feast I am planning.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt