SC - Olla podrida

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 12 23:30:36 PDT 2000

Phlip posted:
> Here you go ;-)
>
> ################################
>
> Source: Diego Granado, _Libro del Arte de Cozina_ (Spanish, 1599)
> Translation: Lady Brighid ni Chiarain (Robin Carroll-Mann)
>
> PARA HAZER VNA OLLA PODRIDA -- To make an olla podrida
>
> Take two pounds of salted hogís gullet, and four pounds of de-salted
> shoulder ham, two snouts, two ears, and four feet of a hog, divided and
<snip>

I think this was probably posted previously but if it has been, it is
probably not in the Florilegium, because I can't figure out where to
place it.

Just how would you categorize this type of food? It has a wide variety
of meat types and many of the pieces don't appear to be cut up enough
to call it a stew.

If you were looking for dishes like this one, under what topics would
you look? Somehow I don't think a file name like "unknown-foods-msg"
sounds too enticing. :-)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net