SC - "The Medieval Garden"

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Sat May 13 21:03:19 PDT 2000

This was an error on my part - I should have said "The Medieval Cookbook"
by
Maggie Black

Gwynydd,

If Maggie Black's book is cheap, get it.  It has lovely pictures, and her
recipes are in modern form, although I think she gives the original, too.
 Check the original against the modern recipe.  It was a bit pricey for
me, although I like it.  I have the original sources, and do my own
redactions, so her book was just an indulgence.

The Medieval Kitchen, by Odile Redon, et al, is a great book,
Mediterranean in focus, and the one you want if you can find it in an
Australian bookstore, which you should be able to do.  With that and Take
a Thousand Eggs or More, which is the English corpus, you are set.  I
know you can get Santich's Original Mediterranean Kitchen there--she's
Australian.

By the time you've cooked a lot from those books, you'll be ready to
start doing your own redactions.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com