SC - Cool cooking event and e-"seige"cooking challenge

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun May 14 23:58:54 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/14/00 8:25:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
charding at nwlink.com writes:

> there were 4 groups (London, Paris, Florence and Constantinople).  Each
>  group was given a box of ingredients.  They could purchase one additional
>  item and bring their entire spice box (dried ones not fresh herbs).  They
>  had about 6 hours to research and prepare food.  there needed to be enough
>  for at least 15 people to have a good taste. (the event was also a potluck
>  and the dishes served as part of the potluck contributions.....) Several
>  folks ransacked their cookbook collections for sources, so we had lots of
>  data.

This is the same as the standard "Mystery Basket" competition we use in the
American Culinary Federation for most Hot Food Competitions.  Lots of fun, if
you happen to get ingredients which meld together well.  Very frustrating if
you don't...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt