SC - Gravy making

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Mon May 15 00:27:24 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/13/00 8:19:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

>  What kind of gravy?  Cream?  Veloute Sauce?  Are there
>  vegetables
>   in it, etc...?
>
>   Balthazar of Blackmoor >>
>
>  Gravy. You know what gravy is don't you, Balthazaar? Or don't they teach
>  gravy making in  cooking school? You mix flour and water, bring the
chicken
>  broth to a boil, taste, make sure it has ENOUGH salt in it, pour in flour
>  water and continue cooking, stirring  constantly until thickened. ;-)

The world is full of gravy, and I have no biscuit.  That's a Veloute sauce
Ras has described, by the way...One of the "Master Sauces", and it answers my
question quite well... except, the original would have used a roux, instead
of a slurry.  BUT, I have no problem with using a quick, easy slurry from
time to time. :P

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt