SC - help with Elizabethan feasts plans Requested

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 15 22:39:48 PDT 2000

BJ asked:
> hi I'm autocratng an Elizabethan feast for 100 and
> need decorative Ideas
> please sugest Places for me to look or things for me
> to do

You might want to check several of C. Anne Wilson's books such as:
Wilson, C. Anne. (ed) BANQUETTING STUFF. Edinburgh University
Press. 1990. A collection of papers on the fare and social background of
the Tudor and Stuart Banquet.  RECOMMENDED.

Wilson, C. Anne. (ed) THE APPETITE AND THE EYE. Edinburgh
University Press. 1991.  A collection of papers on the visual aspects of
food and its presentation with their historic context. Not all are
medieval.
RECOMMENDED.

This info is from this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section of my files:
cookbooks-bib     (32K)  4/21/97    Cookbook bibliography by Jaelle of Armida.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net