SC - SC: Gravy Making

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue May 16 07:03:39 PDT 2000

The earliest thing I have found to date is to thicken a broth or pan juices with
bread crumbs.  I haven't seen the use of flour to do this until quite late...but
then I'm sure I haven't seen it all!!!  Usually the recipe has you add the
crumbs to the liquid, then, once it's all cooked together, strain it through
cloth to get the clumps out.  It works very well, I've found.

Kiri