SC - Cool cooking event and e-"seige"cooking challenge

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu May 18 01:40:57 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/15/00 5:53:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> I've never known
>  such a market-basket project not to have at least some aspect of
>  "leading the witness". The trick to doing it really well is know darned
>  well what the instructors _want_ you to cook, then cook something
>  completely different, and still use everything.

You're right about this in most cases.  The problem here in California
is...well..."California Cuisine".  Which, as I'm sure you know, is really a
hodge-podge of ethnic influences, solidified into a sort of neo-classical
fusion cuisine.  With that many possibilities, it is very difficult to
imagine what the chefs want you to make.  At the same time, however, it
leaves the door wide open for variety.  Luckily, I don't have to worry about
*that* kind of competition, anymore.  Now it's all about jockeying for
benefits and salary.... :(

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt