SC - finally! A baking success! and re: honey butter

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri May 19 08:24:35 PDT 2000

I don't know much about bread, but understand from my lord (who does!)
that it
could have to do with the atmosphere in your house.  Evidently some
houses have
something in the air that helps yeast to rise and some don't.  I'm sure
that
those of you who are experienced bakers know what I'm talking about!

Regarding the butter carving....When I visited Hong Kong some years ago,
I was
stunned when I went to the restaurant on Victoria Peak.  They had a
dragon (it
was the year of the Golden Dragon...comes every 12 cycles of the zodiac)
carved
entirely out of butter.  The armature was refrigerator coils with
refrigerant
running through them, so the thing didn't melt.  It was absolutely
spectacular!

Kiri