SC - RE:SC- Brizzare Hobby-NOT! OT

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun May 21 00:29:07 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/20/00 7:33:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ringofkings at mindspring.com writes:

> Bal, I think you have grossly underestimated the legitimacy
>  of the SCA's reputation at least here in the US.  Perhaps,
>  the other parts of the world will recognize us too when we
>  have been ther longer.

Well, after reading the posts from yourself and Ras, I may have to tuck my
head back into my shell (or pull it out of somewhere less dignified...).  You
are right.  I was not fully aware of the far-reaching impact the SCA has in
the world.  Perhaps this comes from being in a Shire where involvement and
activity are almost non-existant, and growing up in a city where the
definition of Haute Couture is drinking cheap beer from a plastic champagne
glass... The local folks here certainly think our hobby is bizzarre.  It is
actually a relief to learn that it is not the same everywhere.

Appologies to the List for presumptuous statements...again.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt