SC - RE:SC- Brizzare Hobby-NOT! OT

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 21 20:39:24 PDT 2000

Adamantius commented:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > No, just in case someone is wondering, I did NOY have you in mind when
> > I said this. And really not on this list either. Many of those I consider
> > experts on this list are the first to declare, no they are not experts
> > just a bit more knowledgeable than some others. I've seen other "experts"
> > here listen and back down from statements they made or modify them.
>
> I undertand... It's more a comment on a particular type of SCAdian than
> on activity on this list. At least that's my take. Has anybody looked at
> the Rialto lately? It seems half the all-too-frequent flame wars are
> generated from one address, and while that person recently had something
> forwarded to the cooks' list, he has not yet signed on. When he does I'm
> outta here, I suspect.

If you and I are thinking of the same individual (I find it hard to use
the title "gentle" for him) he lives to the west of me and he was one
of the folks I was thinking of. I try to avoid any threads on the Rialto
where his name appears. While he does occasionally have a message with
a bit of good info, I'm tired of digging through the chaff and BS. There
are however messages from him in the Florilegium.

During the BoD fiasco back in 1994 he was responsible for about a
quarter
of the messages on the Rialto. How anyone could find the time to write that
many messages I don't know. I suspect that is the reason he no longer
posts from his work account. I strongly suspect he just likes to create
commotion and flame wars.

And yes, I would probably consider dropping this list if he joined and
did the same thing as he did/does on the Rialto. As a minimum I would
probably change from digest to regular so I could filter out any messages
from him.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net