SC - Peeres in confyt

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 22 09:00:09 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/22/00 1:13:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< 2 cup semisweet Sauterne >>

I assume that the Sauternes you refer to is California sauterne and not a
French sauterne as I had thought? That might work. A late harvest or ice wine
might be a good substitute for vermage also but although less expensive than
a true French Sauterne, they are still a bit pricey. Pinot Gris sweetened
with a little sugar might be an acceptable substitute also. Semisweet Italian
wines are occasionally available in the states but are a rare find. I am not
sure if the is a white wine version of the Greek wine Mavrodophne (sp?) but
if there is that would be a sweet Greek wine. You might also try to
experiment with a cream sherry or a regular sherry if that is all that is
available to you. By no means use cooking sherry as the salt content is way
high. Dry cocktail sherry would also not fit the definition of semisweet
either.

Just a few thoughts.....

Ras