SC - Period cooling (was ice)

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed May 24 23:33:08 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/24/00 11:11:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ddendy at silk.net
writes:

> Not us, I'm afraid. It sounds like a very nice idea, though. If anyone has
>  access to details on shapes and construction, I'd appreciate, though. I
know
>  several potters -- perhaps I could commission some and we *could* sell
them.

I just got back from your web site, and you're right :)   You don't sell
these.  I did, however, find my reference, and it's at Lehman's Non-Electric
Catalog.  Unfortunately, it's a much more modern version than I had
remembered, resembling one of those ceramic water coolers you see in some
homes.  Well, actually, that's exactly what it is.  However, I think they
would be fairly simple to make, if you used a clay with enough porosity.
Terra Cotta would probably work very well.  It seems that the jug should be
designed so that either hangs from a handle or two, or is nestled in some
sort of cozey...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?