SC - Long - Help with the sauce for Cormary recipe

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed May 31 00:46:38 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/31/00 12:13:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lorix at trump.net.au writes:

> Now my question relates to how to improve this.  Would I have been
>  better to use fresh pieces of bread to thicken this up?
>  Alternatively, soak the breadcrumbs in a little wine for awhile, prior
>  to adding the sauce?

I would soak the fresh bread in wine or broth, which will certainly shorten
the time it takes to break down in the finished dish.  As a matter of fact,
if you soak the bread, and then pound it seperately, you will speed things up
even more.  Just chuck the "bread liquid" into the sauce to finish and
thicken it.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?