SC - corn and potatoes together (OOP)

Wed May 31 05:12:44 PDT 2000

If I remember the chemistry correctly, both potatoes and corn are starches
and the convert to sugars in the digestive process.

Potatoes produce a soft fiber residue which is easily passed.  Corn, on the
otherhand, is a seed with a lot of indigestible cellulose in the hull, so
that the hulls are softened, but pass almost intact.  Corn is often not on
the permitted list for people with various intestinal and digestive problem,
just for that reason.

As for eating them together being bad for you, maybe, but steak, 'taters and
corn is a U.S. standard fare and the fat in the steak is worse for most
people than anything created by the potatoes and the corn.

Bear